Staatsarchiv Wallis – Mediathek Wallis – Walliser Kantonsmuseen
Located at the heart of the Arsenaux, in Sion, researchers and visitors will find a space for reception, consultation and reading that is devoted to the conservation of the heritage, memory and history of the Valais. This space is called Les Vallesiana and shared by the Valais State Archives, the Valais Documentation of the Multimedia Library, and the cantonal museums.
The documentation center for Valais Emigration is one of the services of the Vallesiana that deals with the problem of emigration. This centre offers various tools to accompany you in this vast area:
- a dedicated website
- promotional and informative documents
- a staff to answer your queries
- exhibitions of relevant collections within the framework of the programs of the Vallesiana and Arsenaux (exhibitions, virtual exhibitions, lectures, workshops…).
The goals of the documentation centre for Valais Emigration are:
- to provide assistance and information on topics related to emigration from the Valais;
- to permit access to collections pertaining to Valais emigration from the Archives, Multimedia Library, Museums and external partners;
- to foster the acquisition of physical and digital material and collections concerning the issue of emigration from the Valais;
- to establish a network of competency at the cantonal, national and international levels.
Whether you are a scholar working on emigration from the Valais or simply interested in the subject, you are cordially invited to pursue your exploration of this website and to visit the Vallesiana, where our staff will help you obtain information or conduct your research.